CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Did that just happen?

My oldest son walked into my room after dressing for church; he was wearing the same church t-shirt he's worn the last numerous Sundays that I have seriously lost count. I am thinking that my church family may start thinking that he doesn’t own any other shirt.

"Hey, big guy, why don't you wear something different?" I suggested.

"Why?" he asked. "This one is my favorite, and it's clean."

"Well," I explained, "you have several shirts, but people are going to think that's the only one you own."

He looked at me squarely and did not miss a beat. "Mom, what people think doesn't matter nearly as much as what I know to be true."

My first thought: Wow, the boy has been listening after all.

My second thought: Wow, seriously? I just got a smack-down from a ten year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment